Instructions for executing a Deed
- Do not date the document; this will be done by the lawyer who is advising you after you have returned the document to us.
- All signatures etc. should be written in ink.
- Sign the document where indicated; this should be done with your usual signature.
- When you sign the document, it should be in the presence of an independent witness (that is, neither a family member nor anyone referred to in the document).
- The witness should then sign the document with his or her usual signature, and then print his or her full name and address in the spaces provided.
- If any amendments have had to be made to the document, you and your witness will need to write your initials in the margin next to each amendment.
- Please return the signed and witnessed document to us in order that we may date and check it.
- If you have any queries in relation to the signing of the document then please do contact the lawyer who is advising you, or alternatively please feel free to visit any of our offices so that we may witness your signature to the document.