If you are in search of a corporate lawyer the chances are that your business is at a major inflection point. It could be that you are experiencing significant growth and need to structure a debt deal correctly, or you may have an offer of outside investment which requires you to issue additional equity. Alternatively, you could be in the process of restructuring which necessitates the reorganisation of your share capital, or perhaps you are in the process of disposing of all or part of your business.
The important thing at any of these points in the business lifecycle is that you choose the right corporate lawyer to handle the drafting of documentation and assist in the detail of negotiations where necessary.
The right lawyer will be one who is completely au fait with the particular niche area of law relating to your immediate requirements and you will want an individual with a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you navigate through any complexities of the transaction. This is where you will benefit from spending a little time comparing the profiles of the corporate lawyers listed as members here on the Oratto website. Each contains a detailed appraisal of the lawyer's expertise and specialist areas of practice. You will be able to asses for yourself their past experience, how long they have been involved and practised the area of law you require assistance with, and read testimonials from previous clients, so you can make a properly informed decision before going ahead and instructing them to act for you.
Having the right corporate solicitor onboard will ensure that your interests are protected and you put yourself in the strongest position when negotiating a deal or executing a major transaction.
The Oratto corporate lawyers have a diverse range of expertise in the following key areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Company sale
- Restructuring and turnarounds
- Financings, refinancings, business expansion capital
- Equity releases
- Rights issues
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO) and flotations
- Private Equity markets related work
- All aspects of investment capital
- Preparation and drafting for share distribution and classification, including preference shares, convertible securities, share option schemes & EIS scheme
- Drafting of offer documentation
- Drafting of memorandum of understanding (MoU) agreements
- Drafting of information memorandum (MI)
- Loan security agreements
- Options agreements, drafting of put and call options
- Share purchase agreements/Sale and purchase agreements drafting
- Prospectus drafting
- Registration of Public Limited Companies (PLCs)
- Compliance matters, UKLA and listed company regulatory matters, takeover panel dealings
Corporate law services attuned to your needs
Along with the basic services outlined above, Oratto member corporate solicitors also possess the level of knowledge that only comes with time and experience. Please take some time to view the profiles of the lawyers contained throughout the corporate law section of the Oratto website to ensure you find the right lawyer for your particular needs.
Every day might be different in business – but Oratto member lawyers can help ensure that your approach remains the same.