Depending upon your status, it's possible to apply for a student visa to come and study in the UK. You must live outside the Europe Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland in order to apply, and the type of visa that you should apply for depends upon your specific circumstances. The best way to understand what you need is to take advice from Oratto member immigration solicitors in the UK.

Contact us today to find the immigration and visa lawyer who is best matched to your needs

There are three types of student visas:

Tier 4 (General) student visa

This applies if you are 16 or over, if you have a firm offer of a place on a course and if you can read, speak, write and understand English. You must also have enough money to be able to pay for your course and support yourself while you're in the UK.

Tier 4 (Child) student visa

This is a student visa that can be applied for if a child is aged between 4-17 and is going to study at an independent school in the UK. The child must have their course place confirmed and the consent of a parent or guardian is required.

Short term study visa

You should apply for this if you are going to study a short course in the UK. This includes programmes such as English language courses and training courses. This visa also qualifies you to carry out a short period of research if you are currently studying abroad doing a degree course.

Oratto immigration solicitors

There are further eligibility requirements to fulfill for all of these student visas. You can apply for them up to three months before the start of your course and you should receive a decision within three weeks. The length of time you can stay depends upon the type of visa you have applied for and the length of your course.

Contact Oratto today for experienced guidance on applying for a student visa.