UK tier 1 (General) visas can no longer be applied for or extended. Immigration solicitors from London and throughout the UK will be able to explain the exact situation to you and also how this may affect you or your family.

Although tier 1 (General) visa applications are no longer permitted, your family members can apply to join you or remain if they are from outside the EEA and Switzerland. It is also possible to apply to settle as a tier 1 (General) worker until April 6th 2018.

Oratto and UK Immigration lawyers

Oratto member business immigration lawyers in London and across the UK will have all the information you need to understand the revised visa system. If you are unsure of how visa application rules apply to a worker you employ, you or your dependants, then seeking legal advice as soon as possible is important.

Tier 1 (General) visa and your dependants

If you or your employee entered on a tier 1 (General) visa then, under business immigration rules, a dependant is classed as:

  • a child under 18
  • a child over 18 if they are currently living in the UK as a dependant
  • a wife, husband or de-facto partner

Your dependants can apply to change or extend their visa to remain with you if they are already in the UK. If your dependants are intending to remain with you, or join you, then you must be able to prove that you can support them financially while they are in the UK, as well as yourself, through a stipulated amount of savings.

You must have proof of the appropriate sums of money required and it must have been held for a minimum of 90 days before you, or they, apply.

If you have children who have been born in the UK you are able to apply for them to stay with you.

For advice from immigration solicitors in London and across the UK about visa application rules and how they may apply to you, contact Oratto today.