Residential conveyancing may seem daunting, but in reality it is a relatively straightforward procedure. However, there are various elements that go into facilitating a smooth property transaction and it is essential that all of these details are attended to correctly in order to prevent problems at any stage of the process. An experienced residential conveyancing solicitor will be an invaluable source of advice and information during your house move.

Evidence of ownership of a property is detailed in the title deeds to the property. These titles are stored by the Land Registry in their register of ownership for England and Wales. Upon purchasing a house, it is the duty of the buyer to apply to the Land Registry to register a new owner of a registered property. In practice, it will be your conveyancing lawyer who does this for you. Oratto has a number of residential conveyancing solicitor members who have all the skill and expertise necessary to advise you during your house purchase. You can either select a property lawyer from the list on this page or send your details through to Oratto and we can match you with the best solicitor for your individual needs.

The role of your conveyancing solicitor

Moving house is a complex and potentially stressful process,so having the right legal support in place is vital. Your chosen lawyer will keep the process on track for you, keep you up to date with all the pertinent information and make sure that you are aware of, and understand, the timescales, any reasons for delay, and ensure that all relevant legal searches and checks are carried out correctly. In particular, your Oratto member residential conveyancing solicitor will be able to provide you with specific advice on:

  • buying or selling a leasehold or freehold property
  • remortgaging
  • purchasing from a developer
  • lease extensions
  • transfer of ownership
  • buying property at auction

For expert legal advice and assistance on any aspect of residential conveyancing, contact Oratto today and we will put you in contacte with the member lawyer who is right for your needs.