If you are looking to remortgage, Oratto's specialist member property lawyers can help you make the most of the situation so that you can save money, cash in on your equity growth, and arrange you finances in the way that is right for you. By selecting a legal representative from Oratto, you put yourself firmly in control of this, sometimes, complex legal process.
Remortgaging is a major financial decision and it is important that you have reliable advice to ensure that you can take this step with every confidence. Our specialists are on hand to help you check your existing deal's terms and conditions and to consider the impact of any administration fees and redemption penalties.
Furthermore, Oratto's member property lawyers can help you with the following:
- Reducing your loan-to-value to get a better rate
- Remortgaging to get a better interest rate
- Remortgaging for more flexibility
- Remortgaging to consolidate debt
The remortgaging process
Wherever you are in the country, Oratto has a remortgaging property solicitor who is local to you.
Our specialists understand that efficiency and accuracy are critical to the remortgaging process. We can help you take the following steps with clarity and confidence.
- Checking title deeds – Oratto's property lawyers will require your title deeds in order to check for restrictions or other matters of interest to your proposed lender – these are usually obtained from your existing lender.
- Conditional remortgaging – Sometimes lenders insist on certain special conditions before they agree a remortgage deal – for example, that you undertake specific building work – Oratto's property lawyers can help you ensure that these conditions are reasonable and, where appropriate, met.
- Searches – Most lenders require searches even if your existing mortgage was taken out only recently. These include searches with the Local Authority, Land Registry searches, water searches and Bankruptcy Registry searches.
- Report on title – This part of the process involves informing your lender of any complications in relation to title deeds or of its proposed special conditions.
- Mortgage deed – Oratto's property lawyers will draft the mortgage deed and related documentation.
- Request of funds – Once the above steps have been completed, our property lawyers can apply for the remortgage funds
- Final redemption statement – This document names the date that you expect to repay your mortgage. It also confirms the amount, the fees and all interest due.
- Completion – With remortgaging the completion date is the day on which your old mortgage is settled and your new mortgage takes effect.
Property lawyers for confident remortgaging
For residential conveyancing services you can trust, contact Oratto today and we will put you in contact with the right property lawyer for your needs. Our members are drawn from firms right across the country and all strive to uphold the Oratto Member Lawyer Code.
Use Oratto today. to find the legal advice and representation that is right for you.