We provide expert advice in all aspects of French property law for individuals and property-owning companies. We provide bilingual assistance in relation to all aspects of buying, owning and selling a property in France, whether you are a non-French speaking client or more familiar with France and its legal system. As well as dealing with French property, we can also advise on Wills, succession matters and assist with French litigation.
Our specialist French team can provide you with advice in the following areas:
- Buying and selling a property in France
You get peace of mind and assurance that we, as independent professionals, with expertise in French law, are acting in your best interests.
- Transferring ownership of a French property following a divorce or separation
We take the worry away from you by working with the Notaire to effect the transfer of ownership as quickly as possible
- Administration of an estate in France when someone dies
With our extensive experience in this area of French law, we will liaise with the Notaire on your behalf to ensure the efficient administration of the estate.
- Estate planning for property and assets in France
To ensure that you own your French property in the most appropriate way for you and your family, taking into account French inheritance law and tax.
- French Wills
Peace of mind that your chosen beneficiaries will inherit your French property (and other assets where relevant), taking into account French “forced heirship” rules.
- Disputes and litigation in France
Using our network of contacts, we can find a French Avocat to represent you and can liaise between them and you to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the matter.
- Securing a charge over French property as security for a debt
- Gifting French assets to family members
- Setting up French property holding companies (SCI)
- French marriage regimes and their impact on French property ownership
Meeting with us
We know how important it is for you to get the right advice at a time that is convenient for you. Whether you are located near to our offices or not, our lawyers can conduct confidential meetings with you from the comfort of your office or home through our online meeting software, GoToMeeting. We can show you presentations, allow you to view documents on screen and interact with you as if you were in the same room.